Thank you for your interest in the Thirsty Orange 2017/ TN Championship of Beer organized by Thirsty Orange Extravaganza 2017, 120 Commerce St, Johnson City, TN 37604.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Entry Registration is Open
188 entries have been added to the system as of 4:40 PM, Sunday, March 26, 2017.
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a judge or steward, please register: judge | steward.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
- Homebrewers Only
- Homebrew entrys are FREE. Ignore the fees. We'll waive them.
- All homebrews are to be entered in Category 35A...NOT the style of beer they are. They will not be BJCP judged.
- They will ONLY be judged as Peoples Choice. People entering the festival will receive one ticket that they can use to vote for your beer. Near the end of the festival, all the tickets, i.e. votes, will be tabulated and winners will be chosen.
- The homebrewers will ALWAYS be free to enter their beer at our comps! Simply register your beers and we will mark your fees as PAID. Don't worry about it. But you probably didn't read this far anyway and will send me an email about it. Works out either way.
- Homebrewers recieve one free ticket per 5 gallons brought to the festival.
TN CHAMPIONSHIP OF BEER:
Only professional commercial breweries licensed with the TTB can enter
- For the 2017 Championship any brewery distributing it’s beer in Tennessee can enter.
- “Commercially Available” beers are the only eligible beers. This means that the beer is currently or has been available for sale to the public within three months preceding the competition date.
- A maximum of 8 entries per brewery is allowed, with a maximum of one beer per category (only one American Amber, only one American IPA etc)
- For the 2017 Championship, a limit of 160 total beers for TCB will be imposed. The first 160 beers registered AND PAID will be allotted the slots for judging. If you register beers and do not pay for the entry before all paid slots are taken, your entry will be removed from registration and you will be notified by email.
- Other rules will be listed on the TCB registration site. (http://thirstyorangebrewoff.brewcomp.com/)
- If assistance is required to determine which category a beer should be entered, please contact Tim Jenkins, Matt Raby, or Fred Mullner at TnChampOfBeer@SuperflyFab.com
- The 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines will be used for the 2016 competition. They are located at http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Tim Jenkins — Wizard Ninja
- Fred Mullner — Grand Poo-Bah
- Matt Raby — Event Coordinator
Thirsty Orange Extravaganza 2017 is proud to have the following sponsors for the Thirsty Orange 2017/ TN Championship of Beer.